PRIMARY SCHOOL DIRECT SCITT
On our primary School Direct SCITT, trainees are taught by expert teachers and Specialist Leaders of Education, with training delivered in the classroom to bring learning to life. On completion trainees gain qualified teacher status (QTS). We offer two Primary School Direct SCITT options: tuition or salaried.
About the programme
- This is a 1-year programme: it’s full-time during school term time. Part time options can be discussed on an individual basis.
- The programme starts in September each year.
- Trainees spend 3-4 days per week in their host school, and up to two days per week attending professional studies and subject-specific training sessions at partnership schools across Sussex.
- Our partnership schools are in East and West Sussex, Brighton & Hove, and Kent.
- Trainees spend time in a consecutive Key Stage and have a placement in a second school.
- On completion, trainees gain qualified teacher status (QTS).
We offer two Primary School Direct SCITT options: tuition or salaried.
Please note, to apply for a salaried place, you must have a provisional offer from a school that is willing and able to host and fund your training year before submitting your application.
|Primary School Direct SCITT||Tuition||Salaried|
|Summary||You’ll learn on the job while you work towards your Qualified Teacher Status (QTS). Training is based in school, but the school does not employ you.||This employment-based route is for high quality graduates, typically with three year’s relevant experience. You’ll earn a salary while you work towards your Qualified Teacher Status (QTS).|
Fees are £7,950 for 2021/22.
|Trainees are paid as an unqualified teacher. There are no tuition fees.|