Data Protection Information
The General Data Protection Regulation and the Data Protection Act 2018 have been created to protect individuals' privacy and ensure that personal data is processed fairly and lawfully.
Personal data is information that can be used to identify an individual. More information on personal data is on the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO) website.
What personal information does the Trust hold?
The University of Brighton Academies Trust is a data controller registered with the Information Commissioner's Office. This means that the Trust may collect and process information about individuals, for reasons including providing teaching services, adhering to government legislation and contacting parents/carers when required.
The Trust keeps personal data safe and secure. It is not shared with anybody else without an individual's knowledge, unless the Trust is required by law to do so. An example of this is providing the government with academy census information.
What are the main pledges of the Trust towards personal data protection?
In many cases, the Trust determines how and why personal data is used. Day-to-day activities involve the processing of pupil, parent/carer, staff and third party personal data. Every reasonable effort is made to ensure that this data is treated with the upmost respect and care.
Our Data Protection policy details how we adhere to individuals' legal rights. (Updated version published on 11 May 2018)
- Our General Privacy Notice includes information for members of the public and visitors on how and why personal data is used
- Our Pupil Information Privacy Notice details how we use pupil’s personal information. (Published on 11 May 2018, this replaces our Academy Privacy Notice)
- Our Parent and Carer Information Privacy Notice details how we use information about parents and carers. (Published on 25 May 2018)
- Our Employee Information Privacy Notice details how we use information about employees. (Published on 25 May 2018)
- Our Photography and Image Sharing Policy details how we manage the consent for, and use of, images. (Published on 11 May 2018)
- Our Applicant Privacy Notice details how we use information about job applicants. (Published on 9 July 2018)
- Our Trustee and Local Board Member Privacy Notice details how we use information about our governance volunteers. (Published on 11 July 2018)
- Our Our Trust Retention Policy details how long we are expected to keep documents for and how we dispose of them
How can I access information about me?
If you would like to see information you think the Trust holds about you, or ask for inaccurate data to be corrected, it is possible to raise a Subject Access Request. This can be done by completing our Subject Access Request Form. If you have any queries regarding the Subject Access Request, please contact email@example.com.
Want to access the information we hold about you?
Looking for more information on individuals' rights?
For more information on individuals' rights please see the ICO website.